Monday, November 13, 2006

Working "later" in life

Earlier this year, Yahoo Inc. conducted a poll which indicated that 2/3 of Americans would like to be in business for themselves and many of those already "older" said that one is never too old to launch a business.

And were these respondents going to do this business this for money? Nope - they said they wanted to do something they loved or to be their own boss.

Interesting. Older Americans are still wanting to work - 2/3 of us is a LOT of older people. And as we are living longer, we old folk are going to be possibly working for a long time - AFTER we retire from our previous careers. Does that mean we did not love our careers or that we are so adaptable and interesting and interested that we can tackle a whole new career in later life and make a go of it?I myself have had many "careers" and now I am into an even newer one [my glyconutrient business] and back into what was once a hobby [photography] and I'm now making money at it....

I love getting older - we can make changes in our lives without all the angst that we might have had in our 20's or 30's.....













No comments: