Monday, January 15, 2007

Weather

It think it was Mark Twain who said about weather "wait a minute and it will change."

Anyway - here's to that minute - no matter where you live....

This winter is odd - not having been in Portland for many winters, I am finding that cold when you live in a floating home is COLD COLD COLD...Not only do we not have basements, we have a river running under our floors..and heat rises - so you can guess what the floors feel like. I bought tent booties for this current arctic flow - figured if a booty as made for walking around a tent and campground, it would work for a floating home....Ahhhh my feet are finally happy.....

Not sure if my feeling cold is due to age, house or what - but I felt coder this past week than when it was 25 below back East...and that was before taking wind chill into effect. But being one to deny the age factor - I am sure it's the floor : - )

And in other parts of the USA/ and other countries, the weather has been worse than it is here - so let's hurry that minute up so we get back to "normal" - whatever that is in these days of climate change...

No comments: