Sunday, July 15, 2007

29 years ago today....

My son was born - in Boston, Massachusetts.....now I live in Oregon and he lives in Illinois....with more than a few stops for each of us in those 29 years....

But today we are in Portland and I had brunch with that now 29-year-old... it's been 2 years in a row that I have seen him on his birthday - that after years of not seeing him in July as we were on very different schedules...

He, his significant other, and I had a tasty meal and chatted for hours....he is out here helping her pack up as she is moving to Chicago with him...

And he still thinks it's funny that I again said that I can't believe he is 29 as I have not aged 29 years since July 15, 1978 -
[I have said this for many of his birthdays - changing only the number : - )]

I am not alone in this thinking - I've met other mothers who say the same or very similar things - we all recall the births of our children as if they were recent....so we can't have really aged as many years as our children...can we?

No comments: