A few more "bad stuff" postings:
If you wear contacts and use AMO solution - please read...this is not being loudly announced - I saw it online and went OOPS - this is what I have been using!!!!
AMO Announces Voluntary Recall of Complete(R) MoisturePlus(TM) Multipurpose Solution
SANTA ANA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 25, 2007--In response to information received today from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding eye infections from Acanthamoeba, a naturally occurring water-borne organism which can contribute to serious corneal infections, Advanced Medical Optics (AMO) (NYSE:EYE) is immediately and voluntarily recalling its Complete(R) MoisturePlus(TM) contact lens solutions. CDC data was made available to AMO today showing that it had completed interviews with 46 patients who had developed Acanthamoeba keratitis (AK) since January 2005. A total of 39 of these patients were soft contact lens wearers, 21 of whom reported using Complete(R) MoisturePlus(TM) products. The CDC estimates a risk of at least seven times greater for those who used Complete(R) MoisturePLUS(TM) solution versus those who did not.Full article HERE
And more bad "food" from China - people food this time.
Imported Monkfish May Actually be Poisonous Puffer Fish: FDAFull article HERE
Americans should not buy or eat imported fish labeled as monkfish that may actually be puffer fish containing a dangerous and potentially deadly toxin called tetrodotoxin, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said Thursday.
The agency said that 282 22-pound boxes of the fish were imported from China and distributed by Hong Chang Corp., of Santa Fe Springs, Calif. to wholesalers in Illinois, California and Hawaii beginning in September 2006.
Two people in Chicago became ill after they ate soup made with the fish and one of them had to be hospitalized. Initial symptoms of tetrodotoxin poisoning include tingling of lips, tongue, face and extremities. Subsequent symptoms may include headache, balance problems, excessive salvation, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain. Anyone with these symptoms should seek immediate medical care, the FDA said.
Severe cases of tetrodotoxin poisoning can cause muscle paralysis and death due to respiratory muscle paralysis.
So more "stuff" from China is mislabeled - after harming pets the new batch is harming people - will we learn from this?
Not as long as moneyshrub is king and money politiks is the bottom line here in the USA.
and so we go blind...they don't care...as long as the big corporations make tons of money....
that's the criteria for most consumer decisions it seems