Sunday, February 17, 2008

A sun break !

After a fairly wet and/or chillingly damp stretch of time - we had a sun break today.

Mt. Hood was so visibly clear that I was tempted to hop in my kayak and go take some photos but my better sense prevailed.

To take photos while on the river I have to stop paddling - and it was very windy... the current was pretty strong too which meant that I would be drifting rapidly backwards while trying to get a good shot...

And so that shot I have wanted will still have to wait.....I like to think that as we age we get smarter about taking chances. I still ski but that's not all that dangerous as I was always a controlled skier. - and I drive...but like not kayaking on a cold windy day I have also curtailed my jay walking as I am not so sure I can outrun those drivers anymore.

Here's hoping the weather where you are gets good soon too! It's been a bad winter for lots of people. But whatever you do when it gets nicer out - do it sensibly : - )

No comments: