Friday, August 15, 2008

HOT!

100 yesterday and it will go over 100 today...and tomorrow!

I was never tolerant of heat and any day over 80 is too hot for me....When the hot days come in a row - I am not a happy camper. I know "older" people are more prone to problems with heat - so if I am already intolerant of heat- what on earth will happen when I am "old?" [snark snark]

Anyway - this afternoon I dealt with it by doing my best Michael Phelps imitation and am sitting around in a wet bathing suit ready to go back in. One aspect of living here that I am still getting used to is that the hottest part of the day is from 3- 6 PM - [and not 12- 3 PM] So until 6 or 7 wet bathing suit it is!

Another thing is that although the river seems calm, when trying to swim upstream - it was obvious there was a strong current...

Here's the "big pool" - the open, current laden,
part of my "backyard"

And here is my "lap pool" - the space between mine and my neighbor's house where the current is reduced.



No comments: