Friday, October 24, 2008

Is Anti-Aging a Realistic Possibility?

I've been giving a lot of thought to this because every time I turn on my computer or my TV, I see ads for anti-aging x, y, and z products.

Is anti aging possible? Is it a reality?

In short - I don't think so. I'll post more thoughts about this topic over time but wanted to get my starting thoughts written down here today.

Aging is a process that starts when we are born - we get older every day! It's that plain and simple.

Aging, as a process, has a beginning, a middle and an end. My focus in this blog is that giant middle - the part of life when we start to see and feel some of the inevitable declines that happen with age...but where we can still make choices about how well we will live in our own futures.

I don't think we can stop the process - except when we die - nor can we reverse the process and go backwards.

What we can do is slow down the process by making intelligent decisions. It's all about the choices we make!

Intelligent people can choose to be well informed and make choices to compensate for problems with our air and food and take a long hard look at these products being made available to us and then - with facts in hand - we can ask: Is it an intelligent choice for me to take these supplements?

That's very different than asking will this reverse or stop my aging process...

No comments: