Monday, July 06, 2009

The Flu and You in Retrospect

I was asked by many why I did not write about the "swine flu" when everyone else was doing just that.

And my answer is - because everyone was writing about it and the information was getting confusing and making people so worried that they went out and paid lots of money for unknown and untested masks and other paraphernalia that were not going to help.

When I was asked what I personally was going to do - I said absolutely nothing and was told "good luck!"

It's not good luck - I take care of my immune system and it takes care of me. It's called good decision making as far as I am concerned.

This recent flu killed fewer people than usually die of flu every year. My cynical side tells me to follow the money and I'm guessing that a lot of people made a lot of money scaring everyone! Enterprising persons were selling masks in traffic to car drivers...c'mon when did we lose all common sense?

To protect yourself against the flu - you need to have a good defense and that's your immune system. You also need to eat properly and use supplements because our food is lacking the nutrients it used to have.

We are now far enough away form the media hysteria of the swine flu that we can look back and ask - what was all the fuss?

A new name? A new strain? I'm still not sure and I'm still just going to keep on ding what I have been doing most of my life - making sure my immune system is in the best shape it can be in.

If you want to read more about modern "foods" fill out the form on the upper right side of the blog.



No comments: