Monday, February 26, 2007

What keeps you young?

Aging is a universal process...we can slow it's effects on our body and brain but we can't stop the process.

Every so often I see an article about what helps us stay functioning and healthy and what is bad for us.

When I read of "bad" stuff in food and cosmetics I get more angry at Federal Agencies that "allow" a certain level of "bad" stuff in our food, air water and other things. It's called an "acceptable" level....but as we know what is acceptable and safe for one person may be poison to another...

So in the face of all this- what does keep one young?

For example -

I read coffee is bad for me and then I read that coffee is good for me...but I don't allow that to change my coffee habits...it energizes me and that makes me feel better and hence younger. But I have gone to mostly organic beans.

I love my pets and they keep me young...partly as I walk the dog which is good for me and him - but having pets is part of me and who I am...and if I ever had to live without a pet...that would be depressing and therefore age me.

I love to exercise and we know that keeps our hearts and bodies in better shape than if we sat around all day. But do I get as much exercise as I know I need? Nope...Like most it's easy for me to skip working out and it is something I most definitely am working on..I do go to my cycling class 2x a week so that's a good start... I try to remember how good I feel after that class and use that as a motivator...

And mentally - I have always been a crossword puzzle addict...now I read that's good for my brain : - )

So what keeps you young?

Post a comment below

No comments: