Thursday, September 06, 2007

Laughing your way out of stress

Being able to laugh - at the world, at yourself or at something funny is good for reducing stress.

So I decided that instead of deleting the spam/scams that come to my email boxes [ yes have a few] I would read them and laugh. It worked- I feel better all ready.

In the last week I have been told I won major amounts of money from all manner of International Corporations....but I have to tell the emailer who I am and where I live and bank, and some other personal info.

Have you even won a prize? You usually just get the prize as the giver knows who yo are most of the time..and with lotteries, you identify yourself when you pick it up. I have never known anyone asked to give banking and personal details.

And the numbers of people who are dying within days - and yet have the strength to keep emailing me from deathbeds in hospitals...it amazes me how they can be so generous and so active as they lay dying.

Then the we-can-present-you-as-an-heir schemes. This one is very funny to me as I was an heir, a real heir, to an unknown relative and my cousins and I had to go through legal and genealogical systems to prove who we were, that we were related to the deceased and that no other persons closer in lineage to the deceased still was alive.

It took years to settle the account and it cost us a not so minor percentage of the proceeds...and still we had to wait out a statute of limitations for any unknowns to appear....

So when someone tells me they can easily put my name out there as an heir - I LAUGH! and I feel so good...

But one new scam is the funniest yet.....it tells me that the United Nations or some other known body, has developed a SCAM fund....yup - the scam fund allegedly pays people who have been scammed!

All you need do is provide name address bag info etc. You need not even show proof you were scammed :-)

So read these scams and LAUGH...then DELETE - you will feel relief of stress

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Dorman, I agree with you regarding Ray's situation with Mannatech. I am not with Mannatech, but I know that any supplement/network marketing company has ethical obligations to uphold. I do feel that the political climate created by Texas AG against supplements and network marketing is questionable. It sets a tone of removing our individual rights to make our own decisions about our health. They would rather a battery company pay out millions to sports jocks to advertise. Or Nike pay out billions to advertise for them than give network marketing it's fair shake. ie, word of mouth advertising. I think Greg Abbott,TX AG, would take money from an advertising or pharmacutical company in a NY minute. With our health care in America, we need the freedom to be healthy age wise with supplements.