Saturday, May 10, 2008

I gave in : - )

I am not one to push going to a physician or getting tests, and I am certainly not a good example to follow ... but in the past two weeks I decided to get a physical and get some testing done .... seems peer pressure works .... some friends here and there were doing this [again] and so I figured it was time to see if I had any problems as I had not seen a physician in almost two years. Besides I had just signed on with a new primary care provider and figured I might as well meet her : - )

Good news - I am healthy ..... or at least that how I interpret all those blood test results - as all were within normal ranges. So I told my friends I was normal - they laughed - so I added - physically... and they laughed louder!

Other news - there are things I continue to "forget" like getting a tetanus booster ... It's only been at least 37 or 38 years since the last one and I haven't stepped on any bad stuff in that period of time ... It was a rusty nail that got me the booster the last time!

So - I can't preach about getting checked out with any great regularity - but I do continue to preach about food-based vitamins and supplements as I am sure that is why I feel so great and am in such good shape for such an "old" lady...






No comments: