Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Dieting - not good for you

For years I have said that dieiting is not good for you. Part of my rationale was that most "diets" are based on "we work for everyone" and I know that nothing is for everyone.

Then several years ago I was introduced to the concept of eating for your own genetic type...know what? I changed my eating pattern and oops - the weight went away...then I made another change to low glycemic foods - and oops - I am leaner...lost 5 hip inches....and some waist inches too...

So was not surprised to read an article saying just what many of us thought - you may lose weight on a diet but most put it back on and ADD more!

From the article:

UCLA associate professor of psychology and lead author of the study, Traci Mann said:

"You can initially lose 5 to 10 percent of your weight on any number of diets, but then the weight comes back."

"We found that the majority of people regained all the weight, plus more," she added.

The researchers found a very small minority of study participants managed to sustain weight loss, while the majority put all the weight back on, and more in the longer term.

"Diets do not lead to sustained weight loss or health benefits for the majority of people," said Dr Mann.


You can read the article HERE

And if you would like more information about the genetic types and eating - ask me.....

No comments: